Caramel Shortbread Squares
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3 cup butter, white sugar, and flour until evenly crumbly.
- Press into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- Pour over baked crust (warm or cool).
- Cool until it begins to firm.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute, then stir and continue to heat and stir at 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly to cover completely.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- These need to be small because they are so rich.