Famous Dave's Baked Beans
If you like the baked beans at Famous Dave's, you will love being able to make these at home! If you have left over steak, this is a great recipe to use it in.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 102g
Saturated Fat 33g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 40g
Total Carbohydrates 551g
Dietary Fiber 95g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 ounces thick hickory smoked bacon
- 1 beef strip steak
- 1 teaspoon famous daves steak seasoning (or any brand. I have also left this out and it is still great!)
- 8 ounces smoked link sausage (I like to use hot/spicy sausage, any will do)
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 (28 ounce) cans bush's baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle famous daves barbecue sauce
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp.drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Crumble bacon.
- Sprinkle steak with seasoning. grill over high heat until medium. cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Grill sausage until nicely done.
- Slice the sausage length wise into halves then slice into quarters then cut quarters into cubes.
- Saute onions green pepper and jalapeno in reserved bacon drippings in a skillet until tender.
- Stir in bacon steak sausage beans and bbq sauce.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The flavor is enhanced if stored covered in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours and reheated just before serving.