This is a delicious, nutritious and low fat dip for tortilla chips. Feel free to make it as hot or mild as you like. You can also substitute green or yellow pepper for the red, or have all three. It is an extremely versatile recipe.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 107g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 can garbanzo/chickpeas
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 small can shoepeg corn
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped roughly
- 1 red pepper diced finely
- ¼ red onion diced finely
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos diced finely
- A few squeezes of lemon or lime juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Rinse all the beans under cool water using a strainer.
- Put all above in a bowl and top with dressing recipe below.
- ¾ cup white vinegar (you can use apple cider vinegar, but I think white is better)
- White and brown sugar to taste (takes a lot, start with a cup and just keep adding and tasting)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Whisk this together until sugar dissolved and pour over ingredients. Stir frequently and let rest overnight – the longer you wait to eat it the better it is.
- ** Sometimes I add powdered cayenne pepper if it is not spicy enough.