This recipe can be made using krispy rice cereal or "special K" cereal, whatever you have on hand.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 35g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter.
- Mix in the rice cereal until evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a glass bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring occasionally until smooth and well blended.
- Spread over the top of the bars.
- Chill until set, then cut into bars.