Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Sandwiches
My sister and her friends did not call her kitchen Carol's bitchin' kitchen for just any old reason. It was because it always had things like this cooking, and plenty of it. Momma Carol always used to say, "eat up, there's plenty." And, there always was!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 74g
Saturated Fat 26g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 31g
Total Carbohydrates 53g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2-3 lbs of chuck, rump, sirloin or any other darn roast you'd like.
- 2 cubes of beef bouillon (taste a few hours in to see if you need more)
- 2 envelopes Lipton onion soup mix (yes, I use generic and it's just fine!)
- Pepper to taste
- Put the roast in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle it with the soup and pepper.
- Add the bouillon and about a cup of water.
- Cook on high for an hour.
- Turn down and cook on low for an additional 6-8 hours.
- Shred the beef with a fork and return it to the juice in the crock pot.
- You can also drain the juice and use it as au jus.
- Serve on hard rolls, bun, french rolls or whatever you have on hand.
- I will warn you.
- 1 will not be enough.
- Makes about 15 sandwiches - depending on the size of your bun.