Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 186g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored instant gelatin
- 1 (15-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 7 cups confectioners' sugar
- Freshly sliced strawberries, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin.
- Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water.
- beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans, and bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and the vanilla extract. (The rest of the puree is leftover but can be used in smoothies or on ice cream for a delicious treat.)
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- Spread frosting in between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired.