Vegetable Cheese Chowder
This is the locally famous Hope High School Vegetable Cheese Chowder. Not all soups are created equal. People talk about beer cheese this, broccoli cheese that, or i like Wisconsin cheese, its all nonsense. This is the best cheese soup on the earth.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1043
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 119g
Saturated Fat 68g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 31g
Total Carbohydrates 129g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped potatoes (chop small for quicker cooking and better balance)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups American Cheese (not velveeta)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Simmer veggies in chicken broth until tender.
- Blend milk and flour in mixer until smooth. Slowly mix into boiling broth & veggies.
- Cut up cheese into smaller chunks.
- Stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- I put the celery, carrots, green pepper and onions into a my Ninja food processor for really fine bits. This makes the flavors blend more easily and saves time.
- This makes a very thick and hearty soup. You can add more milk for a thinner soup to fit your preference.